Monday, May 09, 2011

Classes going fine so far

I find my mind wandering off at times though, to other lands, other worlds, other realities

The latest reality was a bit... Odd, to say the least.

My mind painted the image of a beautiful, misty forest nestled in the mountains. The beauty was balanced out by an air of uneasiness, however. After a brief tour through the forest my mind came to rest in a small clearing that had some obvious ruins - three old, broken pillars and a stone slab in the center that was stained with blood. The trees on the edge of this clearing had black bark, pale, almost white leaves, and gnarled roots and branches, almost like arms and legs. In the center of the clearing, on the slab, sat a familiar figure.

The deity Slekupan was meditating, his long legs covered in black, fabric like armour ended at his feet, which looked like simple black dress shoes. His long, slender arms were also draped in this same black material, ending at his white hands and unnaturally thin fingers. His chest had what looked like a business suit, but far fancier. It lacked a tie on his white undercoat, which slightly resembled a white undershirt. At the bottom of the "jacket" was the symbol for oblivion. The head showed depressions where the eyes would be, the sockets covered in skin, and where his mouth would be was instead a shallow groove broken up into a dotted line. It was only noticeable under just the right conditions. Otherwise, it would seem as if he had no features at all. On his head laid a green v shape, a crown made of his own tentacles before they turned black ages ago.

He looked up and stared right at me, and I snapped out of it. Luckily nobody noticed that I had practically fallen asleep

I really should upload his image soon. My description (and mind you, my drawing as well, but at least it does a better job than my words) don't do it justice

No comments:

Post a Comment